10 ten most common attacks
When discussing the “most common attacks” the information was gathered by the statistical
department for the Home Office. The information was collected and gathered by the home
office statist department from crime reports and studying Close Circuit Television (CCTV).
There are in descending order from most common first:
1. One person pushes, hands to chest, followed by the pusher striking first to the head.
2. A swinging punch to the head.
3. A front clothing grab, one handed, followed by punch to the head,
4. A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a head butt.
5. A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a knee to the groin.
6. A bottle, glass, or ashtray to the head.
7. A lashing kick to groin/lower legs.
8. A broken bottle/glass jabbed to face.
9. A slash with knife, most commonly a 3 to 4″ lock blade knife or kitchen utility knife.
10. A grappling style head lock